New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA) and Carpetbag Theatre partnered to bring you the National Theater Project (NTP) Appalachia Regional Convening on December 1, 2019.
Here are performances and panel discussions from the livestream of the event, courtesy of HowlRound. These videos and more are available on HowlRound.com.
Performance #1: Traditions of our Southeastern Native Culture by Kaya Littleturtle, Kat Littleturtle, and Nakaya Leviner
and Panel #1: Learnings from The Carpetbag Theatre and Appalshop’s Long Legacies
- Jonathan Clark, Managing Director, The Carpetbag Theatre
- Linda Parris-Bailey, Executive/Artistic Director, The Carpetbag Theatre
- Dudley Cocke, Artistic Director 1976-2018, Roadside Theater (Appalshop)
Performance #2: "Revól" by Nouveau Sud Project
Panel #2: Different Types of Collaboration Happening in the Region
- Joe Tolbert, The Carpetbag Theatre
- Jarius Bush, Artistic Director, Good Guy Collective
- David Ferris, Education Team Co-coordinator, Highlander Research & Education Center
- Bob Martin, Partner, Clear Creek Creative
- Rachel Milford, Artist & Cultural Organizer, Executive & Artistic Director of Cattywampus Puppet Council and Good Guy Collective
- Kiran Singh Sirah, President, International Storytelling Center
Performance #3: Webs: A Circus Confronting Sexualized Violence with Humor, Tragedy, and Empathy by One World Circus
Panel #3: Geography of the Appalachia Region
- Keryl McCord, CEO, EQ: Equity Quotient
- A. Hasan Davis J.D., Founder and Director, H D Solutions
- Becca Finney, Director, Roadside Theater (Appalshop)
- Robert Gipe, Producer, Higher Ground
- Kim Pevia, Founder and CEO, K.A.P., Inner Prizes
Performance #4: "What the Water Tells ME" by Cattywampus Puppet Council and Good Guy Collective
Performance: "The 5th Woman"