Here are opportunities for this month; check them out and pass them along to your colleagues. Email us if you know of any professional development events, calls to artists, or cultural events that we should consider posting in the future.
At this time, many organizations are adjusting timelines and the deadlines listed below may have changed. Please visit the source for the latest information. Visit www.nefa.org/covid-19 for resources related to the pandemic or relief.
NEFA's events calendar, open grant applications, and list of social justice resources offer even more opportunities.
New England Opportunities
- July 31, 2020 | Online: Inclusive Creativity Webinar: Creating Access to the Arts for People with Disabilities with Kerry Thompson
- August 6, 2020 | Online: New Work New England webinar for NEFA's new grant opportunity
- August 7, 2020 | Concord, NH: New Hampshire State Council on the Arts' Artist Entrepreneurial Grant
- August 18, 2020 | Online: Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC), Design Studio for Social Intervention (ds4si), and NEFA present Whose Public? Planning and Placemaking for Welcoming Public Spaces: Part 1
- August 23, 2020 | Online: MAPC, ds4si, and NEFA present Whose Public? Planning and Placemaking for Welcoming Public Spaces: Part 2
- August 24-29, 2020 | Online: Sandglass Theater's Virtual Puppet Building Workshop
September 1, 2020 | Cambridge, MA: Call for art - Gallery 263's Fact vs. Fiction exhibition
September 1, 2020 | Online: MAPC, ds4si, and NEFA present Whose Public? Planning and Placemaking for Welcoming Spaces: Part 3
- September 4, 2020 | Cambridge, MA: Boston Dance Alliance seeks cohort of dancers with disabilities to help build the field. If you are a New England dancer, 18 years old or older, with physical disabilities (one or more), and want to be a part of this cohort, please contact email@example.com.
- October 7, 2020 | Boston, MA: Mass Cultural Council's MCC Artist Fellowships
- October 15, 2020 | August, ME: Maine Arts Commission's Arts and Humanities Grant and Creative Aging Grant
- Fall Semester | Brockton, MA: Fuller Craft Museum seeks digital marketing, graphic design, online commerce, and social media interns. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boston, MA: ProjectSTEP seeks Artistic Director
- Burlington, VT: Flynn Center for the Performing Arts seeks Executive Director
National & International Opportunities
- August 1, 2020 | Montgomery, AL: The Artistic Literacy Consortium in Alabama seeks proposals for strategic planning of our state-wide collective impact initiative to increase student access to arts education across Alabama
- August 15, 2020 | San Francisco, CA: San Francisco Transgender Film Festival seeks submissions for their 22nd annual festival
- August 17, 2020 | Washington, DC: Touchstone Gallery is seeking entries for an international online juried show “Us: What divides us and what unites us?”
- September 14, 2020 | San Francisco, CA: arc gallery and studios "Fragments" National Juried Exhibition
- Ongoing: South Arts' Jazz Road Presenters Survey
- New York, NY: Lincoln Center open positions
- New York, NY: Mark DeGarmo Dance seeks Teaching Artists
- Brooklyn, NY: Marquis Studios seeks Teaching Artists and Teaching Assistants
- New York, NY: The Japan Society Open Positions
- Arts Consulting Group's list of employment opportunities