New England Dance Fund
Through the New England Dance Fund, NEFA will award small, catalytic grants of $500 to $1,000 directly to choreographers who identify and articulate a critical opportunity that will significantly advance their career in dance
The New England Dance Fund gives priority to timely opportunities with the goal of supporting a diverse group of artists from a range of cultures, disciplines, aesthetics, and career stages throughout all six New England states. Depending on the amount of funds available at a given deadline, applications for activities that would be eligible for a later deadline may be rolled over for consideration at the next deadline.
To be eligible for the New England Dance Fund, choreographers must:
- Have a Creative Ground profile with DANCE as the primary discipline.
- Reside full-time and make work in one of the six New England states.
- Fulfill the Requirements & Reports for Grant Recipients (see below), if awarded.
- Be applying for an opportunity that will take place between April 1, 2018-March 31, 2019.
Eligible opportunities may include, but are not limited to: residencies; research trips; conferences; workshops or other trainings that build creative or administrative skills; tour planning; publication expenses; documentation; video shoots; artist fees needed to prepare the work for a pivotal presentation opportunity; hiring a consultant; mentorship.
New England Dance Fund grants may be paid directly to individuals, 501c3 organizations, or to fiscal sponsors. New England Dance Fund grants are taxable income to the recipients and reportable to the IRS. Grantees, including individuals, will receive a 1099 from NEFA if total payments exceed $600 within a calendar year.
Applicants who are NOT eligible to apply are:
- Choreographers who received support through the New England Dance Fund during the September 2017 deadline round; current grantees must complete their funded activity and take one deadline off before regaining eligibility.
- Artists with an overdue grantee report to NEFA; to regain eligibility, outstanding grantee reports must be submitted online to NEFA by the deadline.
The New England Dance Fund does not support:
- Ongoing operations or activity
- School, youth, or student companies and groups.
Process & Deadlines
The February 9, 2018, deadline has passed.
Applicants will be notified approximately eight weeks after the deadline. Grants are paid in advance of the activity.
Online Application & Instructions
Click below to LOG IN and RETURN to your grant application.
Requirements & Reports for Grant Recipients
A complete grantee report is due 40 days after project completion.
Grantees who do not submit a complete grantee report on time will not be eligible to apply to any NEFA programs until the grantee report is submitted and approved.
Click below to log in and begin your grantee report. You may save and return at any time.
The New England Dance Fund is generously supported by the Aliad Fund at the Boston Foundation.
Sara C. Nash | Program Director, Dance
email@example.com | 617.951.0010 x512