Creative City Info Sessions and Office Hours
I am excited to announce a series of grant info sessions focusing on Creative City, a three-year pilot that makes grants to Boston area artists to create works that integrate public participation.
Artists who reside within route 495 in Massachusetts and are interested in reimagining places for art, engaging public imagination and inspiring community members to share in civic experiences in the public realm in Boston are encouraged to apply and attend an info session.
These free info sessions are designed to help artists prepare applications, and participants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the program background and the grant guidelines in advance. Artists are welcome to bring project ideas and questions about the application process to a Creative City info session or office hour appointment. Attending an info session is not required to apply for Creative City.
- 7.27.16 | Creative City Info Session | NEFA, 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- 8.2.16 | Creative City Info Session | The Harvard Ed Portal, Allston, 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- CANCELED 8.5.16 | Creative City Info Session | Zumix, East Boston, 9:00am to 10:30am
- 8.8.16 | Creative City Info Session | Roxbury Innovation Center, 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- 8.9.16 | Creative City Info Session | Fenway/MassArt, 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- 8.11.16 | Creative City Info Session & Application Workshop | NEFA, 9:00am to 10:30am
- 8.11.16 | Creative City Office Hours | NEFA, 11:00am to 11:45am, 1:00pm to 1:45pm, 3:00pm to 3:45pm
Creative City supports individual artists, artist collectives, and artistic collaborations in all disciplines and with roots in diverse cultures, forms, and aesthetics. Grants range from $2,500-$10,000. Creative City is made possible with funding from the Barr Foundation.
The next application deadline is September 12, 2016. Learn more about funding priorities, eligibility, criteria, and access the online application.
I look forward to meeting you and learing about your work!