NEFA’s Annual Fund provides the core support necessary to run all of our programs and services, and is made up entirely of generous donations from individuals like you!
Why are your gifts important?
NEFA’s Annual Fund is our only source of truly unrestricted funds. This means that your gifts will go where they are most needed – whether that is providing sustaining support to one of our long-running initiatives, or enabling us to launch a new project that will serve artists in new and exciting ways. Your contributions allow us to remain nimble and flexible in our changing world, as we continue to identify how we can best support the needs of artists and cultural organizations in our communities.
As we plan for the future and anticipate cuts to public funding for the arts, your donations are more important than ever.
Where does your gift go?
Your donations allow NEFA to provide crucial resources and services to artists, arts organizations, and audiences in New England and beyond. Our unique suite of programs connects, supports, and sustains the arts throughout our region and nation.
Current programs include:
- New England Presenting and Touring: Allows New England presenters to plan and implement tours and New England artists to tour the region
- Creative Economy: Supports research, convenings, and reports, like our most recent report, The Jobs in New England’s Creative Economy and Why They Matter
- Creative City: Enables artists to create projects that take place in the public realm in the City of Boston and integrate public participation
- CreativeGround: NEFA’s free online directory that includes profiles for cultural nonprofits, creative businesses, and artists of all disciplines
- Center Stage: Cultivates cross-cultural understanding that brings contemporary international artists into direct contact with a wide range of American communities
- National Dance Project: Supports the creation and touring of new dance works and connects artists, cultural organizations, and audiences
- National Theater Project: Promotes the development of artist-led, ensemble, and devised theater work
Your donations to the Annual Fund power all of these programs, growing their capacity to serve more artists and communities.
Thank you for your support! We are so grateful for your generosity and are happy to answer any questions you have about this important fund.
CONTACT: Sharon Timmel | Development Manager | 617.951.0010 x511