NEFA’s Annual Fund provides the core support necessary to run all of our programs and services. It is made up of generous donations from individuals like you!
Why are your gifts important?
NEFA’s Annual Fund is our only source of completely unrestricted funds. This means that your gifts will go where they are most needed. They provide sustaining support to our long-running initiatives and enable us to launch exciting new projects that serve artists and cultural organizations. Your contributions allow us to remain flexible as we evolve and identify the most crucial needs of our creative communities.
Where does your gift go?
Your donations provide important resources and services to artists, arts organizations, and audiences. Our unique programs connect, support, and sustain the arts in New England, and beyond.
Current programs include:
- New England Programs: Provides opportunities for New England presenters to plan and implement tours and for artists to tour the region.
- Creative Economy: Supports research, convenings, and reports related to New England’s cultural sector.
- Public Art: Inspires more vibrant public spaces and public life through Creative City Boston and Fund for the Arts.
- CreativeGround: NEFA’s free online community that provides opportunities for creative people and places in New England to promote their work and connect with each other.
- Center Stage: Cultivates cross-cultural understanding that brings contemporary international artists into direct contact with a wide range of American communities
- National Dance Project: Supports the creation and touring of new dance works and connects artists, cultural organizations, and audiences across the nation
- National Theater Project: Promotes the development and touring of artist-led, ensemble, and devised theater work and connects artists, cultural organizations, and audiences across the nation
Your donations to the Annual Fund power all of our work and grow our capacity to serve your community.
We are so grateful for your generosity and we are happy to answer any questions you have about this important fund.