The New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA) invests in the arts to enrich communities in New England and beyond. NEFA serves as a regional partner for the National Endowment for the Arts, New England’s state arts agencies, and private foundations.
In fiscal year 2022 (June 2021 through May 2022), NEFA’s programs supported artists and communities through:
- Grants to artists and cultural organizations to create and tour work.
- CreativeGround: the region’s only online directory of cultural organizations, artists, and creative businesses, which showcases and strengthens New England’s creative sector.
- Networking events, including our first virtual Idea Swap and Regional Dance Development Initiative: New England Now, that bring project partners together across state lines.
- Creative economy research: case-making data that strengthens and informs local, statewide, and regional efforts to build New England’s creative economy.
Map of NEFA Grantees in New England, FY22
Click and drag on the interactive map below to view where grant recipients are based. For a comprehensive list of all grants made in each state, see our state-by-state partnership data below.
NEFA and Connecticut Office of the Arts
- $219,506 granted by NEFA
- 166 artists supported
- 14,950 community members served
- $339,739 earned by artists through NEFA supported projects
NEFA and Maine Arts Commission
- $241,437 granted by NEFA
- 259 artists supported
- 29,867 community members served
- $463,120 earned by artists through NEFA supported projects
NEFA and Mass Cultural Council
- $972,695 granted by NEFA
- 956 artists supported
- 35,260 community members served
- $1,457,873 earned by artists through NEFA supported projects
NEFA and New Hampshire State Council on the Arts
- $117,535 granted by NEFA
- 87 artists supported
- 8,381 community members served
- $197,265 earned by artists through NEFA supported projects
NEFA and Rhode Island State Council on the Arts
- $298,708 granted by NEFA
- 144 artists supported
- 11,631 community members served
- $282,187 earned by artists through NEFA supported projects
NEFA and Vermont Arts Council
- $242,743 granted by NEFA
- 200 artists supported
- 30,395 community members served
- $204,264 earned by artists through NEFA supported projects
Our work is generously supported by the National Endowment for the Arts, State Art Agencies, foundations, and individual donors. Learn about all of our funders.