Co-Hosted by Middlebury College in partnership with Vermont Dance Alliance
Join us for an informational session to learn more about the seventh iteration of the Regional Dance Development Initiative (RDDI), entitled New England Now, focused on the alignment of New England resources, relationships, and opportunities in support of New England dance makers. An application will be available in December for interested participants.
New England Now is designed to strengthen and elevate visibility for New England dance makers as a direct response to findings from two gatherings with New England Choreographers and New England Dance Cultural Organizers hosted in 2017.
NEFA staff and Regional Advocates will share context on the developing RDDI initiative and discuss thematic priorities of the RDDI Lab to be held in 2020 at Bates Dance Festival (applications available in December).
The day will conclude with a Professional Development Workshop facilitated by Christal Brown. See below for full description.
- 9:30AM - 10:00AM - Arrive & Mingle
- 10:00AM - 12:00PM - RDDI Information Session
- 12:00PM - 1:00PM - Lunch with Forum Attendees and Vermont College Dance Exchange Participants
- 1:00PM - 4:00PM - Professional Development Workshop facilitated by Christal Brown
To secure a spot in the forum, we recommend registering by October 28, 2019.
Note: Coffee, tea, and light refreshments available in the morning as folks arrive. Lunch will be provided, please include dietary information with registration.
Christal Brown: Arts & Entrepreneurship
This workshop is designed to give tangible language to the transferable skills inherent in all creatives. Participants will be lead through a process of assert mapping, value creation, and goal setting designed to establish a working plan for bringing their work to fruition.
Middlebury Alumni Weekend and Vermont College Dance Exchange
Middlebury will be announcing more details soon on the following activities that will take place the same weekend as RDDI Community Forum:
- October 27 - November 1: Alumni Takeover of Middlebury classes
- October 31: Alumni Concert
- November 1: Kizuna Dance Company performance featuring the work of Middlebury alum Cameron McKinney, who received a 2019 U.S.-Japan Friendship Commission and 2019-2020 Creative Artist Fellowship
- November 2 - 3: Vermont College Dance Exchange
- November 9: Vermont Dance Alliance's 2019 Symposium: Creating Community, We Are All in This Together! featuring workshops by New England artist including:
For more information and to register, click here.
Information Session and Workshop Access Notes
Legal identification (ID) is not required to attend the event. There will be all-gender, accessible restrooms at the event.
Mahaney Arts Center is accessible to those using mobility devices. All workshop spaces will be on the first floor of the Mahaney Arts Center, public entrances are accessible by push panel. There is an elevator located inside the building.
It’s helpful if you can please let us know if you need ASL services. Please email: email@example.com.
Please let us know If you have any other access requests or questions by emailing or calling: firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-443-5822.