Co-Hosted by The Dance Complex and New Movement Collaborative
The New England Foundation for the Arts’ Regional Dance Development Initiative (RDDI) is a program of the National Dance Project (NDP). The purpose of RDDI is to increase the scope, visibility and viability of dance activity in and across regions in the United States.
RDDI New England Now is designed to strengthen and elevate visibility for New England dance makers as a direct response to findings from two gatherings with New England Choreographers and New England Dance Cultural Organizers hosted in 2017.
Join us for an informational session to learn more about the seventh iteration of RDDI focused on the alignment of New England resources, relationships, and opportunities in support of New England dance makers.
NEFA staff and Regional Advocates will share context on the developing RDDI initiative and discuss thematic priorities of the RDDI Lab to be held in 2020 at Bates Dance Festival (applications available in December).
- 1:30 - 1:45 PM - Arrive & Mingle
- 1:45 PM - 2:30 PM - RDDI Context, Intent, Activities
- 2:30PM - 2:45 PM - Question and Answer with NEFA Staff
Note: Lunch will be provided, please include dietary information with registration.
Details about performances in conjunction with Lion's Jaw Festival forthcoming.
Lion’s Jaw is a performance and dance festival produced by New Movement Collaborative that assembles a group of national choreographers, performers, educators and students to study, perform and create together for duration in an intensive environment.
Anchored by two intensives, each day includes back to back classes in improvisation, technique and composition, as well as informal workshops on everything from voice, music, costuming and film. In the evenings, artists, students and audiences share their knowledge and inspiration through jams, informal showings and performances.
Movement Opportunities at the Dance Complex
The Dance Complex is a hub for the creation, study and performance of dance of all kinds, and a partner to individual teaching/performing artists and groups like New Movement Collaborative. For events leading up to and after the RDDI informational meeting, visit www.dancecomplex.org.
RDDI Information Session Access Notes
- Legal identification (ID) is not required to attend the event.
- Gender-neutral accessible bathrooms are located on both the ground and second-floor levels of The Dance Complex Building.
- The Dance Complex ground-level Studio 7 is ADA compliant. There is a motorized lift that can bring one person at a time from the ground floor to the second floor where our lobby, staff office and studio 1/theatre are located should a guest wish to use it. There is no elevator in the building.
- It’s helpful if you can please let us know if you need ASL services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please let us know If you have any other access requests or questions by emailing or calling email@example.com.
For more information about The Dance Complex, visit http://www.dancecomplex.org/all-in-movement/.