Disaster Relief Resources for the Arts
In the wake of multiple significant hurricane disasters, we want to share important resources for the arts sector. These range from disaster preparedness to grants for recovery for both organizations and individual artists.
- The Actors Fund provides grants and assistance to anyone working in the performing arts: http://www.actorsfund.org
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation published a blog on the role of federal support: https://mellon.org/resources/shared-experiences-blog/eye-of-the-storm/
- ArtsReady, a project of our colleagues at SouthArts, is an online emergency preparedness service by and for arts/cultural nonprofits. There are membership options as well as list of additional resources: https://www.artsready.org/
- CERF+ provides readiness, relief and resilience for studio artists. Offers insurance, career protection tools, and education/training. https://cerfplus.org/
- Joan Mitchell Foundation provides emergency support to visual artists in the U.S.: http://joanmitchellfoundation.org/artist-programs/artist-grants/emergency
- Performing Arts Readiness has grants and toolkits for preparedness of performing arts organizations: http://performingartsreadiness.org/
For artists and organizations directly impacted by Hurricane Harvey, visit http://www.harveyartsrecovery.org/.