The National Dance Project defines Organizational Partners as U.S.* nonprofit organizations who have working relationships with dance artists or companies and are committed to providing support for the creation and/or touring of the proposed new work.
In the creation process, an organization may provide a variety of resources, including, but not limited to:
- residency space
- audience for work-in-progress showings
- administrative guidance or support
- access to communities who will be involved in the research, creation, and/or presentation of the new work
- marketplace advocacy
- mentorship, research assistance
- leveraging of additional funds for the project
During the touring of the proposed new work, support may take the form of:
- tour planning assistance
It is understood that the need and level of assistance between organizational partners and artists varies from artist to artist, but NDP believes strongly in presenter/artist alliances, which can greatly benefit the development and distribution of dance.
*NEFA defines U.S. as all 50 of the United States, as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.