In addition to the narrative questions below, the 2021 NDP Production Inquiry application will require details on the applicant, the project (dates and details of development and touring), the organizational partner(s), and up to three minutes of a video work sample.
- Please describe the proposed new work. (2,500 characters)
- Please provide an artist statement in relation to the proposed new work. (1,500 characters)
- We acknowledge that the people reviewing your application are likely to have gaps in understanding or knowledge about the context for your work. Please provide your own definitions of excellence and success for this project, and any other information you think would be important for the Advisors to have to fairly assess your application. (1,500 characters)
- Beyond the collaborators and creative team, how does this work contribute to the cultural and aesthetic diversities of today's dance field? (For NEFA's value statement around Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility click here.) (1,500 characters)
- Describe your development process and timeline for this new work, and, if applicable, include brief information about artistic collaborators. (1,500 characters)
- Describe your relationships with the project partner(s) (institutional, community, presenting, etc.) for this new work, including the organizational partner listed on the previous tab. How will they contribute to the success of the project through the development, performance, engagement, and/or touring and promotion (virtual or in person)? (1,500 characters)
- Describe the audiences and communities you want to reach with this new work. How will your past or current engagement practice(s)/experience(s) inform your vision for connecting with them as part of the choreographic development, performance, touring, and/or related activities. (1,500 characters)