NEFA Board Elects New Officers, Renews Members
The New England Foundation for the Arts announces the election of new Board officers, renewed members, and acknowledges retiring members.
At the annual Board retreat, held this year in Grafton, VT, the board and staff engaged in a training and workshop on the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility, facilitated by EQ (Equity Quotient), in service of the goals outlined in NEFA’s strategic plan.
On June 21, the board voted to approve the following members and officers:
- Board Officers: Larry Simpson (Chair) and Doug Keith (Treasurer) were re-elected to their positions for an additional year
- Ann Smith has been elected Vice Chair
- Amy Zell Ellsworth has been elected Secretary
- John Henry, Julie Richard, and Randy Rosenbaum have been elected to serve as at large members of the Executive Committee;
- Members Geoff Hargadon, Ann Smith, Pamela Tatge, Ted Wendell, and Marco Werman have been elected to an additional three-year term
The board also acknowledged two members leaving the board this year. Andrew Cornell is retiring after 10 years of service, and Elizabeth Theobald Richards is retiring after five years on the board. “They have contributed so much to NEFA through their committee work and the critical introductions they have made for NEFA,” noted board chair Larry Simpson. Board, staff, and guests toasted Cornell and Richards at a dinner on Thursday, June 21, recognizing and celebrating their years of distinguished service to the organization.
The New England Foundation for the Arts invests in the arts to enrich communities in New England and beyond. NEFA accomplishes this by granting funds to artists and cultural organizations; connecting them to each other and their audiences; and analyzing their economic contributions. NEFA serves as a regional partner for the National Endowment for the Arts, New England’s state arts agencies, and private foundations. Learn more at www.nefa.org.
CONTACT: Ann Wicks | 617.951.0010 x534