Here are opportunities for this month; check them out and pass them along to your colleagues. Email us if you know of any professional development events, calls to artists, or cultural events that we should consider posting in the future.
At this time, many organizations are adjusting timelines and the deadlines listed below may have changed. Please visit the source for the latest information. Visit www.nefa.org/covid-19 for resources related to the pandemic or relief.
NEFA's events calendar, open grant applications, and list of social justice resources offer even more opportunities.
New England Opportunities
- July 1, 2020 | Webinar: Arts Administration Association New England's “Sip and Chat” with Lecolion Washington (Executive Director, Community Music Center), Roxie Myhrum (Artistic Director, Puppet Showplace Theater), and Craig Cogan (Artistic Director, Boston Gay Men’s Chorus).
- July 6, 2020 | Online: AREA CODE art fair
- July 8, 2020 | Boston, MA: Deadline for Radical Imagination for Racial Justice Grant deadline extended
- July 10, 2020 | Concord, NH: New Hampshire State Council on the Arts' Traditional Arts Apprenticeships
- July 13, 2020 | Montpelier, VT: Vermont Arts Council's Artist Development Grant
- July 15, 2020 | Amherst, MA: Augusta Savage Gallery at the University of Massachusetts' Call for Entries for a juried digital art exhibition, Breathing While Black
- July 17, 2020 | Concord, NH: New Hampshire State Council on the Arts' Folklife and Traditional Arts Project Grant and Arts for Community Engagement Grant
- July 27-31, 2020 | Natick, MA: Walnut Hill School for the Arts' Somatic Teacher Training: Somatic Modalities for Pedagogy
- July 29, 2020 | Montpelier, VT: CERF+ COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
- August 7, 2020 | Concord, NH: New Hampshire State Council on the Arts' Artist Entrepreneurial Grant
- September 1, 2020 | Cambridge, MA: Call for art - Gallery 263's Fact vs. Fiction exhibition
- September 4, 2020 | Cambridge, MA: Boston Dance Alliance seeks cohort of dancers with disabilities to help build the field. If you are a New England dancer, 18 years old or older, with physical disabilities (one or more), and want to be a part of this cohort, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 1, 2020 | Providence, RI: Rhode Island State Council on the Arts' RISCA Artist Fellowships, Project Grants for Individuals, Arts Access Grants
- October 7, 2020 | Boston, MA: Mass Cultural Council's MCC Artist Fellowships
- October 15, 2020 | August, ME: Maine Arts Commission's Arts and Humanities Grant and Creative Aging Grant
- Fall Semester | Brockton, MA: Fuller Craft Museum seeks digital marketing, graphic design, online commerce, and social media interns. Email email@example.com
- Boston, MA: ProjectSTEP seeks Artistic Director
- Burlington, VT: Flynn Center for the Performing Arts seeks Executive Director
National & International Opportunities
- July 10, 2020 | Rapid City, SD: NDN Collective's Radical Imagination Grant
- July 13, 3030 | Boston, MA: Cultural Equity Learning Community online go-at-your-own-pace anti-racism learning
- July 31, 2020 | National: Artist Relief Grants for artists impacted by COVID-19
- August 1, 2020 | Montgomery, AL: The Artistic Literacy Consortium in Alabama seeks proposals for strategic planning of our state-wide collective impact initiative to increase student access to arts education across Alabama
- August 17, 2020 | Washington, DC: Touchstone Gallery is seeking entries for an international online juried show “Us: What divides us and what unites us?”
- September 14, 2020 | San Francisco, CA: arc gallery and studios "Fragments" National Juried Exhibition
- Ongoing: South Arts' Jazz Road Presenters Survey
- New York, NY: Lincoln Center open positions
- New York, NY: Mark DeGarmo Dance seeks Teaching Artists
- Brooklyn, NY: Marquis Studios seeks Teaching Artists and Teaching Assistants
- New York, NY: En Garde Arts seeks a full-time Associate Producer
- New York, NY: The Japan Society Open Positions
- Arts Consulting Group's list of employment opportunities