In addition to the application narrative questions below, the New Work New England application requires details about the project budget.
- Please describe the proposed new work including your artistic vision and how it relates to your artistic practice. (3,600 characters)
- How does this work contribute to the cultural and aesthetic diversities of New England audiences and communities through content, relevance, artists and others involved in the development of the proposed new work? (For NEFA's value statement around Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility click here.) (2,000 characters)
- Describe the New England audiences and communities you want to reach and how you envision connecting with them through works-in-progress showings, performance, and/or related activities (At least one public work-in-progress showing or performance is required during the grant period. During COVID-19 restrictions on in-person performances, this can include digital platforms). (2,000 characters)
- Describe the new work's current stage of development, and your strategies and timeline to advance this work during the grant period (January 1- December 31, 2021). (3,500 characters)
- We acknowledge that the people reviewing your application are likely to have gaps in understanding or knowledge about the context for your work. Please provide your own definitions of success for this project, and any other information you think would be important for the panelists to have to fairly assess your application. (1,500 characters)