Native New England Now: Celebrating Six Years of NEFA’s Native Arts Program
October 5, 2013-January 4, 2014
Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center
Mashantucket Gallery | 110 Pequot Trail
Mashantucket, CT 06338 | 860.396.6800
NEFA's Native Arts program is proud to partner with the Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center to present Native New England Now: Celebrating Six Years of NEFA’s Native Arts Program. The exhibit will celebrate the artistic vitality of the region’s Native American communities and the program’s six years of grantmaking activity, showcasing the work of more than 20 artists working across a range of media – basketry, bead work, ceramics, painting, sculpture, Wampum work, weaving, and music - from among the over 80 artists and organizations who have received Native Arts grants.
The exhibit is accompanied by a publication featuring the work of NEFA-supported Native American artists.
RELATED EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Exhibit preview and reception on October 4; see details.
- Native Arts Community Gathering on October 5; see details.
- Gourd Bowl Family Workshop on October 12; see details.
- Panel conversation with Native American artists on November 16; see details.
- Artisan Market on November 30; see details.