Native Arts Directory "Live!"
The event will include:
- updates from NEFA and the Native Arts program
- a mini-market (organizations and artists are welcome to display work)
- artist share: 5-10 minute presentations on your recent project or another interesting topic
Please let Dawn Spears (617.951.0010 x525) know by Fri. 11/16/12 if you would like to reserve a table or are interested in presenting.
- Tomaquag Indian Memorial Museum
- Aquinnah Cultural Center
- Angel Smith, Narragansett, Artist, Illustrator, Writer
- Linda Coombs, Aquinnah Wampanoag Artist
- Anita “Motherbear” Peters, Mashpee Wampanoag artist
- Brenda Hill, Tuscarora, Six Nations; traditional and contemporary pottery
- Toni Scott, Narragansett artist
- Anemome Mars, Narragansett artist
- Mishki Thompson, Narragansett artist
Confirmed Performing Artists
- Jennifer Kreisberg, Tuscarora, Vocalist, Activist, Member of group “Ulali”
- Mwalim 'DaPhunkeeProfessor,' Mashpee Wampanoag Performing Artist, writer and digital media artist, will perform songs and poetry from his latest album "DEEP Soul Chants & Hollers"
- Stone Wolf Tryad, elder of the Pocasset Wampanoag tribe, will perform with a primarily instrumental trio of tom tom, bass, and twelve string guitar for dance and prayer.