The National Theater Project of the New England Foundation for the Arts is delighted to announce the 2022 National Theater Project Regional Convening in New England. Regional convenings are part of NEFA’s effort towards understanding the theater-making ecology across the nation, with past locations including in Jackson, MS; Phoenix, AZ; Minneapolis/St Paul, MN; and Knoxville, TN; we are excited to resume this practice here with our local community in a hybrid three-day event.
Artists, presenters, producers, service organizations, and philanthropists from across the region are invited to join National Theater Project advisors and staff in a series of panels, group discussions, story sharing, structure analysis, and networking opportunities as we seek to build a better understanding of the challenges and triumphs of theater making in New England. Performances from local artists, highlighting the aesthetics of the region will be held each day.
All three days of this event will be available online, with our convening kick off open to a limited in person audience:
- Tuesday, November 1, Connecticut-based attendees are invited to join us at The 224 Ecospace for in person programming, facilitated by our partners the HartBeat Ensemble.
- Wednesday, November 9 and Wednesday, November 16 will be fully virtual for all participants. Programming will be hosted on Whova.
- Registration deadline for Hartford, CT: October 25th, 2022
- Hartford, CT Convening: Tuesday, November 1st 2022
- Virtual Convening: Wednesday, November 9th + Wednesday, November 16th
Schedule | November 1, 9, & 16
November 1, 2022 – Hartford, CT
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch (Optional)
- 1:00pm - 1:45: Welcome and Info session
- 2:00 pm: Performance, Q+A
- 2:30 pm: Networking Time
- 3:30 pm: Panel
- 4:30 pm: Performance, Q+A
November 9, 2022 – Virtual
- 11:00am -11:45am: Welcome and Info Session
- 12pm - 12:45pm: Performance, Q+A
- 1pm - 2pm: Panel 1
- 2:15 - 3pm: Performance, Q+A
- 3pm - 3:45pm: Networking Time
- 4pm - 5:15pm: Panel 2, Closing
November 16, 2022 – Virtual
- 11:00am - 12 pm: Welcome, Performance, Q+A
- 12:15pm - 1:15pm: Panel 1
- 1:30 - 2:15: Performance, Q+A
- 2:30 - 3:30: Panel 2
- 3:45 - 4:45: Performance, Q+A, Closing
Additional details to follow.
Covid-19 Policies (Hartford, CT 11/01)
We will continue to monitor and update safety precautions for the Hartford portion of the New England Regional Convening regularly and coordinate with trusted national resources, and state and local public health agencies.
To help attendees communicate their level of comfort in interacting with one another, NEFA will provide color-coded name badges to all onsite attendees:
- Red = Greet From 6 Feet
- Yellow = Elbows Only
- Green = Handshakes, Hugs, or High fives
NEFA strongly encourages individuals to be tested for COVID prior to traveling to the Regional Convening. Individuals who test positive or are experiencing symptoms should stay home.
All participants at the Hartford, CT portion of the Convening, whether a panelist, attendee, performer, staff, guest, or vendor will be fully vaccinated.*
- "Full vaccination" means that either 14 days have passed since receiving the second dose of FDA or WHO authorized (or emergency use authorized) double-dozed vaccines or single-dose vaccine.
- "Up to Date" means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
NEFA is following the CDC definition of fully vaccinated for vaccination requirement for the event, but we encourage individuals who are eligible to receive the booster prior to attending the event.
*Individuals who are unable to be vaccinated (for medical exemptions only) may attend if they have received a negative PCR Covid test result within 48 hours of the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending to verify your exemption. Unvaccinated individuals will be expected to comply with all other guidelines outlined in this policy.
The in-person portion of the Regional Convening will be limited to Connecticut based attendees with limited capacity. Wherever possible, social distancing will be strongly encouraged.
All in-person attendants of the Regional Convening agree to correctly wear masks (KN95, N95) throughout the event except when presenting or eating/drinking. Please be mindful and respectful of other attendees’ comfort level when eating/drinking. A supply of KN95 masks will be available onsite for those who need them.