145 Tremont St., 7th floor
Boston, MA 02111
MBTA Subway (or "T")
Take any GREEN or RED line train to “Park Street” or ORANGE line train to “Downtown Crossing” stations. NEFA’s office is within a 5 minute walk from both T stations. Use Google Maps for directions.
145 Tremont Street is under a large arched awning. We’re on the 7th Floor.
MBTA Commuter Rail
Take the commuter rail if you are traveling from outside of Boston. Use MBTA's Trip Planner to arrange your trip into Boston.
Take the Amtrak train If you are traveling beyond the MBTA lines.
From the South
Take 93 North. Take Exit 20. Stay in left lane of the off-ramp. Merge left at Frontage Road / South Station and exit off the off-ramp. You will be on a wide boulevard underneath the highway. Go through 3 stop lights, take on-ramp to South Station / Downtown. At end of ramp take a left onto Kneeland Street. Take Kneeland through Chinatown, past the Theater District until you have to turn right on Charles Street. Charles Street will pass between the Public Garden and the Boston Common. The Boston Common Parking Garage entrance will be on your right.
After parking your car, elevators will bring you back up to the Boston Common. Take the walking paths towards cluster of big tall buildings of downtown. Go past the grandstand, to the Parkman Visitor Center - a small one-story building. Our building, 145 Tremont, is directly across the street from the Visitor Center, under a large arched awning.
From the North
Take 93 South. Take the Storrow Drive Exit and follow sign for Storrow Drive. After you pass Mass General Hospital (on your left), get in the left lane. Take Bay Exit. At end of the exit, at a street light, take a left, then an immediate right onto Arlington Street. The Public Garden will be on your left. Take your next left onto Boylston Street. Take another left onto Charles Street. The Boston Common Parking Garage entrance will be on your right.
After parking your car, elevators will bring you back up to the Boston Common. Take the walking paths toward cluster of big tall buildings of downtown. Go past the grandstand, to the Parkman Visitor Center - a small one-story building. Our building, 145 Tremont, is directly across the street from the Visitor Center, under a large arched awning.
Please note NEFA’s building does not have a parking garage or parking lot.
The following garages and parking lots are within a 5-10 minute walk to NEFA’s office. Please plan at least 30 minutes to find parking. Bring cash/credit cards to pay for parking.
- Boston Common Garage (0 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02116). The parking fee is up to $40/day
- Lafayette Garage (1 Avenue De Lafayette #1, Boston, MA 02111). The parking fee is up to $40/day.
- Ritz-Carlton Parking Garage (10 Avery Street, Boston, MA 02111). The parking fee is up to $38/ day.
- Boston Common Theater District Garage (47 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116). The parking fee is up to $20/day if purchased in advance online.
- VPNE Parking Lot (17 West Street, Boston, MA 02111). The parking fee is up to $40/day. This is the closest parking area next to our building. Spaces are limited.
- There are 5 metered parking spots in front of our building on Tremont Street. The rate is $1.25/hour and the time limit is 2 hours maximum.
You may drop-off/unload in the metered parking spaces in front of NEFA’s building at 145 Tremont Street. Space is limited. Use caution if temporarily pulling over by the curb. (They ticket frequently – have someone stay with your car!)
There is a commercial loading zone in front of 148-150 West Street, which is around the corner from NEFA’s front entrance.
Here are a few important details about NEFA’s building and restroom facilities:
- Our building’s front entrance has a double door vestibule without power operated doors. If you need assistance for entry or if the elevators are locked, please call 617-423-1390 to contact NEFA staff.
- The lobby elevators are wheelchair accessible. Note: the elevators’ dimensions are 5 ft. 3 inches wide x 2 ft. 10 inches deep (can accommodate up to one wheelchair at a time).
8th Floor Conference Room:
- After exiting the elevators in the 7th floor lobby, turn immediately left to take a private elevator to the 8th floor conference room. The elevator’s dimensions are 5 ft. 8 inches wide and 4 ft. 2 inches deep.
- There is a wheelchair accessible, gender-neutral restroom on the 8th floor. There are non-wheelchair accessible restrooms on the 7th floor.
If you need any access accommodations on-site, please contact Daniela Jacobson Plotkin, Accessibility Coordinator, at 617-951-0010 ext. 528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.