The New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA) is a 501(c)3 organization with an annual budget of $11.25 million. NEFA invests in artists and communities and fosters equitable access to the arts, enriching the cultural landscape in New England and the nation.
As an organization, NEFA values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive world, which we interpret as all people having fair access to the tools and resources they need to realize creative and community endeavors. We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunities based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography and strive to counter those inequities in our work.
NEFA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is invested in creating an equitable and inclusive working environment and organizational culture. We are committed to hiring individuals who share, value, and support these goals, and who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. NEFA does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Position
Ideal candidates will be able to work 20 hours per week with potential for increase to 24-30 hours/week during key periods (likely November 2022 – January 2023). Schedule will be mutually agreed upon with a preference for most work occurring during NEFA business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM ET. Preference for candidates who can commit to a schedule that includes at least three to four days per week.
The contractor will contribute to resource development efforts at NEFA, working on a range of projects including maintaining donor data and reporting on institutional funding and individual donations. Some projects and tasks will require working with NEFA data, materials, and equipment on-site, and as such, priority will be given to individuals available and willing to work in-person at the NEFA office at 1000 Washington Street, 2nd Flr, Boston, MA
The following tasks will be performed in consultation with the Development Director and in close collaboration with NEFA’s operations staff:
- Prepare, print, and mail Annual Appeal letters in October and November 2022;
- Prepare, print, and mail donation acknowledgments for all individual and institutional donations;
- Prepare, print cover letters, and mail FY22 Annual Reports in December 2022;
- Coordinate with communication staff on mass fundraising emails and development-focused social media posts;
- Maintain individual and institutional donation data in Salesforce records and Box documents;
- Maintain schedule of upcoming proposal and report deadlines in Salesforce and Microsoft Outlook;
- Pull and organize donation data from Salesforce for institutional grant reports as well as board and committee meetings, and;
- Weekly check ins with Development Director to coordinate workplans and request and receive feedback on all tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including experience using Excel for data organization and visualization, pivot tables, and mail merge projects;
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other similar CRM database systems;
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and interpersonal;
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail, ability to self-motivate, evaluate progress, meet deadlines, and problem-solve, and;
- Appreciation for and identification with NEFA’s mission, vision, and values and interest in engaging in work that advances NEFA’s organizational goals, particularly those centering equity, diversity, intersectionality, and accessibility.
- Experience with Mailchimp (or similar email system);
- Previous experience with fundraising campaigns or familiarity with resource development work and projects;
- Deep interest or past experience in arts and culture.
Interested candidates should email Sarah Silva (she/her), Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 22, 2022 with:
- A current resume or CV
- A brief cover letter describing their interest and preparedness for the role
- Please include examples of specific projects that demonstrate depth of experience working with Microsoft Excel and/or Salesforce, or similar systems if those experiences are not detailed on the resume
- Two professional references who can speak to your experience working with the software/systems mentioned above