The Jobs in New England's Creative Economy and Why They Matter
Creative workers are employed in nearly every sector that powers New England, from education, to technology and science, to major global brands. They help shape our industries and culture, defining who we are and where we want to live.
The report shows:
- New England’s creative economy employs nearly 310,000 people who earn a total of $17 billion per year.
- New England has a 20% higher prevalence of artists in its employment base compared to the U.S.
- Employment trend data since 2000.
- The local landscape of creative enterprises.
- A survey of artists and creative workers reflecting the realities of work life.
New England highlights by state
Download state highlight sheets:
CONTACT: Ann Wicks | 617.951.0010 x534