All artists must complete and maintain a profile in CreativeGround to be NEST-eligible. Follow the instructions below or watch this video tutorial to meet the requirements.
Step 1: Log in to CreativeGround.org
If you had a profile on Matchbook.org:
- Go to www.CreativeGround.org and click 'Log In.' Click 'Request New Password.' Enter the email address you used to login to MatchBook.org. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
- Go to your 'My Account' page. There you will see any and all profiles that are associated with your user account. If you do not see a profile listed on your 'My Account' page, do a quick search in CreativeGround to see if it already exists in the database. If it does and you would like to manage it, click 'Request Management of this Profile' at the bottom of the page. Once you have access to your profile please complete all of the fields listed below in Step 2.
If you did not have a profile in MatchBook.org:
- Go to CreativeGround, click ‘GET LISTED,’ and create a user account or log in if you have a CreativeGround account.
- Once you are registered, click on the link ‘Click here to create a new public profile’ on your ‘My Account’ page and complete all of the fields listed below.
In addition to the required fields in your profile, which include contact information, primary discipline, and a description, artists are required to complete ALL fields listed below in order to become a NEST-eligible artist.
Please note that you may select the profile type which is most appropriate, however we strongly recommend that you select ‘Artist’ as your profile type because that is likely how most presenters will search.
1. Profile Image
- We recommend using a performance image instead of headshots. This image, which is displayed in the directory’s search results, helps visually communicate your artistic work.
2. Contact Information
- Website or Facebook page link.
- Activities and Services (you must select "Performance/Concert/Reading").
- Populations served.
4. Image & Video Gallery
- At least one photo and one video in addition to your Profile Image.
5. I have worked with...
- List at least five different organizations/individuals from anywhere in the world that have hired you for a performance in the last year. **Please note that due to the difficulty many artists are experiencing in securing work during the pandemic, you may list any engagements that have occurred since March 2019.**
- For each performance, please complete the Relationship Description field with a brief overview of your performance engagement (1-3 sentences) and Relationship Date (note the Month and Year). For organizations within New England please link to their profile page in CreativeGround.
- Remove old Matchbook formatting in the Relationship Description fields by deleting the following content with these project details: “State:”, “Date:”, “Activity:”, “Email:”, and “Phone:”. Please use 1-3 sentences instead to describe your booked performances and any other projects.
6. Affiliations & Accomplishments
- List any relevant awards; if none, fill in "N/A"
7. Touring Artist Information
- Check the "I wish to be considered for NEST eligibility" box
- State of Residence
- Technical Requirements
- Minimum Number of Performers
- Maximum Number of Performers
- Fee Range Minimum
- Fee Range Maximum
Step 3: Approval Process
After your profile has been approved by NEFA staff, the phrase “I am NEST eligible” will appear on your profile indicating that you are eligible for funding.
Step 4: Maintain Your NEST Status
Artist profiles must be updated at least once a year to maintain NEST status. Once an artist becomes eligible for NEST, their professionalism and quality will be evaluated by presenters who receive NEST funding. If comments from presenting organizations are continually marginal or unsatisfactory, the artist will be contacted and interviewed.
Promote Your NEST Eligibility
It is beneficial for artists to let presenters know that they are eligible for NEST funding and mention it in promotional materials, as potential presenters may be more likely to book an artist knowing that funding assistance for the artist's fee is available from the NEST program. Below is an example of what artists may use:
Fee support for [insert artist name/ensemble] may be available to nonprofit organizations through the New England States Touring (NEST) program of the New England Foundation for the Arts.
Questions about the NEST eligibilty process or requirements?
Falyn Rose Elhard (they/them/theirs)
Program Associate, New England Presenting & Touring