Concept Proposal Questions:
- Please describe the project you are proposing. What is your artistic vision for this project? (2,500 characters)
- Tell us about your artistic process. Are there particular communities of people who will be involved/engaged, or places and ideas that will be essential to your artistic process? Please tell us about your relationship to these people, places, and ideas. (1,500 characters)
- Describe the public spaces where this project will take place. How do you envision the public interacting with this project? What impact are you hoping this project will have on the spaces and people who will encounter and/or engage with it? (1,500 characters)
- Please tell us about yourselves as the lead artist(s) for this project. How does this project relate to your general artistic practice? How might this project strengthen your artistic work and practice? (1,500 characters)
- We acknowledge that the people reviewing your application are likely to have gaps in understanding or knowledge about the context for your work. Please provide your own definitions of excellence and success for this project, and any other information you think would be important for the Advisors to have to fairly assess your application. (1,500 characters)
Estimated request amount will be required at this phase.
Full Project Proposal Questions (in addition to the questions above)
Creative City Boston aims to cultivate a community of socially engage public art makers and supporters by hosting cohort gatherings for artist and community partner grantees during the grant year.
Please explain why you are interested in being part of a learning cohort at this time. What expertise do you bring to the cohort and what do you hope to learn or gain from participating? (2,000 characters)
- Tell us about your confirmed community partner(s). Why is this partner(s) a good fit for your project and what role will they take in supporting you to realize this project? (1,500 characters)
- How has your prior experience and/or planning prepared you to carry out this project in 2020? (2,000 characters)
Workplan + Timeline, Budget + Budget Narrative will be required at this phase.