About Center Stage
Center Stage is a public diplomacy initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, administered by NEFA, with general management by Lisa Booth Management, Inc. (LBMI).
Center Stage identifies, prepares, and tours contemporary performing arts ensembles to diverse communities across the U.S. Tours by artists from Armenia, Argentina, and Taiwan will take place in fall 2022 and February to June 2023. The program engages artists, journalists, cultural leaders in the U.S. and abroad, participating embassies, American audiences, students, and the public at large.
About the Position
20 hours per week with potential for increase to 24-30 hours/week at key program times, which will likely occur January – April 2023. Schedule will be mutually agreed upon with most of the time during NEFA business hours, Monday –Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM ET. Preference for candidates who can commit to a schedule that includes at least three to four days per week. This is a fully remote position.
The following tasks will happen with supervision by the Senior Program Director, Center Stage, and in close collaboration with partners at LBMI.
- Regularly update www.centerstageUS.org and www.BookCenterStageUS.org
- Create and manage communications calendar, including designing and sending eblasts
- Develop social media strategies and messaging with frequent posting on all Center Stage platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Collect and manage program documentation, including photos, videos, testimonials, and tour highlights
- Track and document all press featuring Center Stage ensembles including print, web, and multi-media sources; create packet documenting press and publicity coverage for ensembles following tours
- Track post-tour details including final list of activities and itineraries
- Track general program and alumni activities including press, publicity, and social media activity for funder reports and program documentation
- Support program and development staff in providing content and reviewing reports to funders
- Administrative support as needed, such as scheduling, responding to program inquiries, and program logistics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Drupal, Wordpress, social media platforms, and Mailchimp (or similar email system)
- Comfortable writing in a variety of personal and brand voices; familiar with adhering to and maintaining brand standards
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and problem-solve
- Knowledge of other design programs, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, and Adobe Pro
- Experience working with artists, presenters, venues, artist management or other arts professionals a significant plus
- Deep interest or past experience with countries and cultures outside the U.S.
Potential candidates should send an email and resume to express their interest to Kelsey Spitalny, Program Manager, Center Stage at email@example.com by August 1, 2022.