April Public Art Calls
The following is a compilation of calls to artists that I am happy to share with the field. Please feel free to contact me with opportunities that you want to be included in a subsequent post.
1. National Bronze Sculpture Symposium in Yellow Springs, OH
Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2013.
Budget: $500 honorarium
2. Presenters Sought for Public Art Network Preconference Five and Five in Pittsburgh, PA
Deadline: 11:59 pm (EST) on Tuesday, April 2, 2013
To Apply: Email your name and contact info as well as a 150 word description and up to five images to firstname.lastname@example.org. More info here.
3. Call for 2-D etched design in sidewalk in Warrensburg, MO
Deadline: Friday, April 5, 2013. Mailed submissions must be received by 5:00 pm (CST) and emailed submissions must be received by midnight.
Budget: $500 honorarium
Email entries to email@example.com.
Click here for more info.
6. Call for Artists in Residence at the Carving Studio and Sculpture Center in Stowe, VT
Deadline: Monday, April 8, 2013
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 802.438.2097
To apply, please send your resume, statement/proposal and digital images (jpegs) or slide portfolio (no more than 20 images) to: The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center, P.O. Box 495, West Rutland, VT 05777
10. Boston Center for the Arts’ Artist Residency Program
Deadline: Monday, April 22, 2013
11. RFP for Rotating Public Art Exhibition Program, Phase II in Pasadena, CA
Deadline: 5:00 pm (PST) on Monday, April 22, 2013
Budget: $3,000 for loaned artworks and $5,000 for site-specific projects
Contact: Cultural Affairs office at 626.744.7062
12. Call for Art in the Park, Worcester, MA
Deadline: Sunday, April 28, 2013
Budget: Stipend of $700; additional $300 honorarium; opportunity to offer your work for sale
Contact: D'lynne Plummer at 617.350.7600 x7012.
14. RFQ for Patricia & Phillip Frost Museum of Science in Miami, FL
Deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Budget: $2,400,000 (for three installations)
15. City of Dreams Pavilion Design Competition on Governors Island, NY
Registration deadline: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 | Submission deadline: Saturday, June 1, 2013
16. Artraker Award 2013: Call for Submissions
Deadline: Wednesday, May 1, 2013
17. RFP for University of Rhode Island Visual Arts Sea Grant Program
Deadline: Friday, May 24, 2013
18. Call to Artists for 2013 Sculpture Exhibition in Champaign-Urbana, IL
Deadline: 5:00 pm (CST) on Friday, June 7, 2013
Honorarium: Not to exceed $1,500
20. Apply for Artist Residency in Caldera, OR
Deadline: Saturday, June 15, 2013
21. Call for Participation in Figment Boston
Deadline: Monday, June 17, 2013