Equitable Arts-Based Community Development
Thank you to those who attended the recent New England Foundation for the Arts and PolicyLink webinar, Equitable Arts-Based Community Development. For you - and for those who could not attend - here are many of the resources that were discussed.
The webinar featured great presentations by Rebecca Berrios from Metro Nashville Arts Commission, Jeremy Staab from First Peoples Fund, and Roger Cummings from Juxtaposition Arts – all of whom are experts in equitable community development through arts and culture.
Click here for the webinar archive.
We also encourage you to learn more about the equitable arts-based community development by checking out these resources referenced during the webinar:
- View the webinar powerpoint
- Learn more about the PolicyLink Arts, Culture, and Equitable Initiative on the PolicyLink website.
- Find and track your region’s inclusive growth on the National Equity Atlas.
- Continue the conversation on Creative Economy on the New England Creative Economy Network LinkedIn group. (The next New England Creative Economy Network meeting will be in June).
- Attend Americans for the Arts annual convention in Boston, MA on June 17-19, 2016. It’s a great opportunity for arts and community leaders to network and discuss strategies for building stronger towns, counties, and cities through the arts. NEFA is offering scholarships to the convention and encourages people to apply (the deadline is March 20).