NEST (New England States Touring)
New England States Touring (NEST) provides support to New England-based nonprofit organizations for public presentations and activities by New England artists listed on the CreativeGround directory.
- Give the communities of New England direct access to the artistic excellence and diversity available in this region.
- Provide New England artists with the opportunity to build audiences through touring to a variety of communities, thereby increasing demand for their work.
- Encourage thorough planning of projects that provide meaningful interaction between New England artists and communities.
- Extend the arts to communities that include populations underrepresented due to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, nationality, geography, language, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, mental and physical status, or age.
NEST artists are performing artists from New England who meet the NEST artist requirements. They represent a wide range of disciplines, including media, music, dance, theater, opera, musical theater, poetry, storytelling, interdisciplinary work, and folk art. NEST artists must be available for public performances and must maintain a permanent residence in New England.
CreativeGround houses the directory of all artists who may be chosen by NEST applicants for funding. Click below for details on:
The New England state arts agencies serve as the review panel for all NEST applications. Applicants are highly encouraged to contact their state arts agency when applying.
- Connecticut Offices of Culture and Tourism - Adriane Jefferson (Program Associate)
- New Hampshire State Council on the Arts - Cassandra Mason (Chief Grants Officer)
- Massachusetts Cultural Council - Dan Blask (Program Officer, Artist Fellowships)
- Maine Arts Commission - Kerstin Gilg (Media Arts and Performing Arts Director)
- Rhode Island State Council on the Arts - Elena Calderon Patino (Director of Community Arts Program)
- Vermont Arts Council - Michele Bailey (Senior Program Director)
The New England States Touring program is made possible with funding from the National Endowment for the Arts Regional Touring Program and the six New England state arts agencies.
Adrienne Petrillo | Program Director, New England Presenting & Touring
firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.951.0010 x527
Daniela Jacobson Plotkin | Program Coordinator, Presenting & Touring
email@example.com | 617.951.0010 x528