Online Grant Process
Welcome to NEFA's online granting system!
The information below will guide you through your grant form process. Before starting your NEFA grant form, you must read the applicable grant program guidelines from the previous page. If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate NEFA staff for assistance.
TO START YOUR NEFA GRANT FORM, YOU MUST HAVE A CULTURECOUNT USER ACCOUNT.
Already have an account? Access your form via the grant program page.
Read the instructions below to help you through your CultureCount user account creation process. Then click on the button below to start.
- After completing the first page of user information, click CONTINUE and proceed through the account process.
- You will be prompted to add or associate grant applicants to your user account:
- If the NEFA grant program to which you are applying requires the application to be from an organization, your user account must be associated with that organization's directory entry.
- If the NEFA grant program to which you are applying accepts applications from individuals, your new user account must be associated with the directory entry for that individual.
- If the grant applicant is not already listed in CultureCount, add a directory entry for the applicant individual or organization by clicking the ADD ENTRY button.
FIND ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BELOW, OR CONTACT NEFA STAFF IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING TROUBLE.
- I signed in with my CultureCount username and password but the grant applicant is not listed. How do I begin the application?
To submit a grant form on behalf of an organization or artist, your CultureCount user account must be associated with them. Add the applicant entry to your user account.
- Can I move back and forth within a form? Can I save my work and return to it later?
Grant forms can be saved at any point by clicking the “save and next” button on the bottom of the page. To exit a form, select "save and exit." You may return to the form when you sign in again by clicking on the red "in process" link. For security reasons, your form will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity. To prevent any loss of information, click “Save and Next” on the bottom of the form.
- How do I save a copy of my grant form to my computer? Will I be able to access my online grant form after I hit the Done button to submit?
Click on the “Download PDF Copy” button on the top right of the grant form page to save a copy of your grant form to your computer. You will NOT be able to access your grant form after it is submitted, so please download your completed form as a PDF before you hit the “Done” button. To view your PDF, you will need to have Adobe Reader installed.
- How do I make changes to my grant form? How do I submit it? Who do I contact if I have a question or want to make a change?
Simply sign in and select the corresponding form. Once the grant form is completed, click the “done” button; an email receipt with time/date stamp will be sent to the user account email. It’s a good idea to print this confirmation email and keep it with your records. If the grant form has already been submitted, it cannot be changed, and you should contact the program staff listed on the guidelines or the Contact Us page.
- Can multiple users work on the same grant form?
Multiple users may work on the same form but the grant form is always associated with a single user name and password. Additionally, more than one grant form may be submitted under the same user account. It is up to the applicant to share his or her sign in information with colleagues, as NEFA staff will not be able to retrieve that information.
- I see that CultureCount is “New England’s Cultural Database.” What if I’m based outside of New England?
The steps to create a CultureCount user account and NEFA grant form are the same for everyone. A non-New England organization also must add their organization to CultureCount and associate it with their user account to facilitate grant applications. However, non-New England organization and artist directory entries will not be publicly visible within CultureCount.
- After I submit my grant form online, what else is required?
Each program has its own list of supplementary materials that may be required in addition to the online form. Please check the program’s guidelines for a list of all required materials.
- May I submit more than one grant form at a time?
You may submit multiple forms for separate artists; however, you can not receive funding from multiple NEFA programs for the same project.
- How are grant forms evaluated and/or reviewed? When will I hear about a decision?
Each program has specific criteria, described in the guidelines, against which applications are measured. A panel of field experts determines how well the application meets the funding criteria. Notification letters are mailed shortly after the panel meets, which varies for each program. Please check the program guidelines for more details.
- Can I copy and paste my responses into the form?
You may compose your answers in another word processing program like Microsoft Word, but NEFA strongly recommends first transferring this text into a text-only utility like Notepad before pasting it into the grant form. This will delete hidden formatting like website links and insure the proper capture of your text. The character counter will help you stay within the character limit for the question. NEFA uses the online forms for data collection only – all responses are uniformly re-formatted for the grant panels’ review.