New England Presenter Travel Fund
Presenter Travel Fund enhances the performing arts in the region by supporting programming and curatorial staff's travel costs associated with research.
- Broaden the experience and knowledge of New England arts programmers.
- Increase the diversity of artists presented in the region.
Any nonprofit, school, or government entity based in New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) is eligible to apply for a Presenter Travel Fund grant.
The nonprofit organization does not need to be an arts organization. An organization that does not have a federal tax identification number (such as a national historic park) may apply as long as it is part of an official government agency (such as the National Park Service).
Applicants may apply for funding to help cover the expense of attending festivals, showcases, conferences, or other cultural events where they can see artistic work that they may present in their own community. NEFA encourages applicants to seek out opportunities where multiple cultural events are taking place, so that they may experience as many performances and genres as possible.
Presenter Travel Fund grants to New England-based nonprofit organizations will cover up to 50% of total expenses, including mileage, economy class transportation, meals, lodging, admission, and, where applicable, conference or showcase registration fees. In general, grants range from $500 to $700.
Presenter Travel Fund gives priority to:
- Travel by programming or curatorial staff of nonprofit arts presenting organizations based in New England. (Generally, NEFA will not support the travel of more than one individual from an organization for the same trip.)
- Travel plans that maximize the number of artists/works/genres seen in a single trip (for example, by attending a festival, showcase, or conference).
- Travel to conferences with strong showcasing components.
- Travel for arts programming staff who have limited access to other sources of subsidy.
Presenter Travel Fund will not fund:
- Travel for individual artists.
- Travel for artists' ensembles.
Process & Deadline
- One calendar month or more prior to the departure date of the proposed trip: Application due.
- Within four weeks of application receipt: Funding decisions are made.
- One month from the end of travel: Evaluation due (required to receive reimbursement).
Applications are due no later than one calendar month prior to the departure date of the proposed trip.
online application & Instructions
New England Presenter Travel Funding is no longer available for FY17. The application form for FY18 travel funding will be posted in May 2017.
Preview the New England Presenter Travel Fund application questions.
Click below to LOG IN and RETURN to your grant application.
Requirements & Reports for Grant Recipients
Grant payments will be made upon receipt of the following which must be submitted within 30 days after the funded trip:
- A completed Presenter Travel Fund Report Form for each grant, which can be found on this webpage and by clicking on the turquoise *Return to Your Grant Form* button above in “Grant Requests & Instructions.”
- Copies of all line-itemized receipts for reimbursable travel expenses and a completed Receipt Form.
- A short narrative which summarizes the artistic quality of the work you saw, heard, and/or experienced, and the value of this trip and the subsidy to your arts institution.
Failure to provide this material within 30 days of the trip may result in cancellation of the grant and all pending NEFA grants. If the travel dates change or the trip is cancelled, or if you anticipate a delay in submission of materials, please contact Daniela Jacobson Plotkin.
The Presenter Travel Fund is supported by funding from the National Endowment for the Arts Regional Touring Program and the six New England state arts agencies.
Adrienne Petrillo | Program Director, New England Presenting & Touring
email@example.com | 617.951.0010 x527
Daniela Jacobson Plotkin | Program Coordinator, Presenting & Touring
firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.951.0010 x528