Grants & Programs
Navigating NEFA's New Online Grants System
We are excited to announce that our transition to a new online grants system is complete! Find out more.
National Dance Project French-U.S. Exchange in Dance
French U.S. Exchange in Dance (FUSED) grants support the reciprocal exchange of U.S. and French artists taking part in residencies and/or presentations in the partner country.
More about NDP FUSED Grants
Launched in 2004, FUSED is a partnership between NEFA and the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the United States in collaboration with the French American Cultural Exchange (FACE). FUSED fosters dialogue, strengthens professional relationships, and sparks creative artistry through residencies and touring of artists whose works have not yet—or have rarely—been seen in the partner country.
FUSED grants support up to 50% of the artistic fee, including lodging, per diem, travel, and visa expenses.
- Any U.S. or French nonprofit presenting organization, such as a theater or festival, may apply.
- U.S. organizations presenting French artists: apply below
- French organizations presenting U.S. artists: apply through FACE
- The applicant organization must demonstrate a clear and significant financial commitment toward the project (individual performer or company).
- U.S. projects must feature at least one artist (choreographer, performer) who is either a French citizen working in France or a legal resident of France for more than five 5 years.
- French projects must feature at least one artist (choreographer, performer) who is either a U.S. citizen working in the U.S. or a legal resident of the U.S. for more than 5 years.
- Priority will be given to projects where the choreographer is:
- appearing in the partner country for the first time, or
- showing work that is new or has been rarely seen in the partner country, or
- performing in areas of the country new to the artist and/or where work by French/U.S. choreographers is not frequently seen.
- If a project has previously received FUSED support, applicants may be able to reapply to FUSED for the same project, if the project has developed or changed significantly since the last FUSED award.
- Individual artists and companies are not eligible to apply, even if represented by a fiscal sponsor.
- Projects must take place within the funding period (between June 1 of the award year and August 31 of the following year).
- Applications for tours or residencies which begin prior to the grant period are ineligible.
- The project should include artists whose work is original and innovative.
- The artist may be an emerging artist or may already be more established in his or her career.
- The residency or presentation should make a significant impact on the artist, organization, and/or community.
Process & Deadline
The most recent FUSED deadline has passed. Check back in late 2013 for updated process and deadline information.
Grant REQUESTs & Instructions
The most recent FUSED deadline has passed. Check back in late 2013 for updated application information.
Requirements & Reports for Grant Recipients
Requirements (All supplemental materials should be uploaded on the attachments tab of the online grantee report.)
- Completed and submitted online grantee report (below).
- Copies of program and publicity materials (read details).
- Signed Receipt Form (read details; access the form).
- IRS W-9 Form (see www.irs.gov for current version).
- Photos of the NDP-supported engagement.
Click below to log in and begin your grantee report. You may save and return at any time.
Questions about the program or eligibility:
Sara C. Nash | Program Manager, National Dance Project
email@example.com | 617.951.0010 x512
Questions about the application process or grant forms:
Cheri Opperman | Grants Coordinator, National Dance Project
firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.951.0010 x524
Steven Skerritt-Davis | Program Coordinator, National Dance Project
email@example.com | 617.951.0010 x521