Very Live’s Danish Ali (that’s Dah-neesh), a doe-eyed MD turned punster, and improv comedy frontrunner and viral sensation Ali Gul Pir will tell you: in Pakistan there’s no lack of material for a comic. The comedic trailblazers insist on pushing boundaries in a place where stand-up was virtually unknown as a performance genre. Along with a handful of other young comedic lights, they have carved out curious, wildly successful careers as professional comedians, performers, writers, and television personalities.
|Travelers||Three (two funny guys, one company manager)|
|Venue||Residency and exchange programs (no full performances)|
|Resources||Reading lists and other contextual resources on Pakistan and the arts
Visit the Center StageSM Blog
- Online Press Kit (with hi-res images)
- Danish Ali's website
- Ali Gul Pir's Facebook
- Print: For Danish Ali, Laughter is the best medicine (Tribune)
- Print: Ali Gul Pir on being a Tony Marroo (Tribune)
- Print: Tete-a-tete with the man behind ‘Waderai ka Beta’ (Tribune)
- Web: "We have enough heart in Pakistan. We need more brain." (The News)
- Web: "Saeen ka US trip bhi saaen: Ali Gul Pir’s first tour abroad" (The News)
General Management & Touring
Lisa Booth Management, Inc.