Indonesia’s foremost crew stands in the cultural cross-hairs, rapping across language and other borders. Hailing from Yogyakarta, one of Indonesia’s artistic well-springs, this sharp Javanese collective promotes tolerance and pluralism. Jogja Hip Hop Foundation takes on corruption and inequality with wit and hooks that meld global and indigenous trance rhythms, Indonesian pop and gamelan music, ancient Javanese poetry and literature.
|Travelers||Eight (six crew members, one videographer, one company manager)|
|Venue||Indoors or outside; DJ, projection, and backline equipment required|
Visit the Center Stage Blog.
- Online Press Kit (with hi-res images)
- Artist Website
- Print Feature: Diplomacy Through a Concert Tour? (Relevant Magazine)
- Print Feature: Jogja Beats in the Big Apple (Jakarta Globe)
- Essay: Jogja Hip Hop Reaches Beirthplace of Hip Hop by Ugoran Prasad
- Video: Visibly Smart (5:55)
- Video: Hiphopdiningrat (3:29)
- Video: Cicak Nguntal Boyo (2:50)
General Management & Touring
Lisa Booth Management, Inc.