The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State, in partnership with New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA), calls for nominations of performing arts ensembles from Morocco, Pakistan, Tunisia, and Vietnam for the second round of Center StageSM . By bringing international performing arts ensembles to tour the U.S., Center StageSM builds cultural awareness, develops long-lasting relationships between people, and enhances mutual understanding.
Artist Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrate high artistic quality and accomplishment.
- Have an interest in engaging with U.S. communities, including youth, through public and in-school performances, workshops, discussions, artist-to-artist exchanges, and social events.
- Are comprised of two to nine ensemble members (artists and staff) living in one of the countries listed above.
- Have previous touring experience but have rarely been seen in the U.S.
- Have an ability to communicate electronically via email and/or Skype, and a working knowledge of English and/or access to translators.
Nominations of ensembles working in contemporary forms are strongly encouraged.
Click Here to Apply
Deadline November 15, 2012