NEFA is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves, and is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise noted, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the job title in the subject line) or by mail to:
New England Foundation for the Arts
145 Tremont Street, 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
No faxes, please.
Salesforce and IT Administrator (search ends 2.24.17)
Position Title: Salesforce and IT Administrator
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
Application Deadline: January 27, 2017
Position Type: Full time, exempt
The Salesforce and IT Administrator plays an important role across all departments at NEFA, supporting program as well as non-program activities. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the incumbent will work with all levels of NEFA staff to adhere to NEFA’s standard of excellence. The main area of focus for the incumbent is to support NEFA’s Salesforce instance and associated systems and managed packages. Currently installed Salesforce managed packages and related apps include: Nonprofit Success Pack; Foundation Connect; Soapbox Engage; Constant Contact; Own Backup; and Conga Composer. In addition, the Salesforce and IT Administrator will play a key role in supporting NEFA’s general IT needs.
Perform all tasks related to the day-to-day operations of 20+seat, highly-customized Salesforce instance:
- Manage user accounts (internal and external) – add/remove users, profiles, password resets;
- Provide orientation and training to staff;
- Lead monthly training meetings;
- Understand NEFA’s business processes and partner with program and administrative personnel to identify needs and develop/enhance functionalities to support NEFA’s work;
- Resolve technical and functional support issues, serve as primary point of contact with Salesforce, Foundation Connect, other vendors & consultants;
- Test and install newly released updates and patches for Salesforce and related apps;
- Create additional custom objects, fields, forms, campaigns, reports, dashboards, workflow rules, etc. as needs arise;
- Provide ongoing operational support of data import/exports, reporting, and editing of online grant forms;
- Maintain data integrity through regular data hygiene reviews, data cleansing tools and daily backups;
- Maintain updated documentation of process and procedures.
Collaborate with Director of Research to establish data requirements and protocols:
- Take lead role in designing and creating monthly, quarterly and annual grants data reports;
- Document and update changes to protocols;
- Evaluate data quality, ensure protocols are consistently observed.
Partner with Communications staff on data transfers between Salesforce and nefa.org:
- Import mailing list signups into Salesforce;
- Troubleshoot issues around data syncing from Salesforce to nefa.org directory.
Assist Director of Finance & Administration in IT support:
- Serve as front-line “help desk” to NEFA staff, troubleshoot as needed;
- Co-manage administration of Box and Office 365;
- Establish and maintain relationships with NEFA’s technology vendors;
- Recommend solutions that provide maximum benefit and return on investment.
Does this position supervise others? No
Internal/External Contacts: Indicate internal staff and external contacts with whom this position regularly interacts to successfully perform the essential functions (e.g. donors, government agencies, artists, vendors, etc.)
Maintain and support positive relationships with vendors and consultants, as well as with internal NEFA staff.
Decision Making/Problem Solving
Must demonstrate critical thinking and ability to evaluate different grant making methodologies to recommend common ground or alternative solutions. Provide superior customer service to NEFA staff, apply established protocols to assess viability of change requests.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience/Skills: 2+ years of experience with Salesforce administration including automation tools like workflow and data validation rules
- Critical thinking and impeccable attention to detail a MUST
- Self-starter with ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with the ability to translate business requirements into application functionality
- Strong technical, analytical, project management and communications skills
- Proficiency with Apsona, Demand Tools, or similar apps
- Certified Salesforce Administrator a plus
- Experience supporting development department operations desired
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and current resume by email to email@example.com no later than Friday, January 27, 2017. A review of applications will begin immediately.