NEFA is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves, and is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise noted, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the job title in the subject line) or by mail to:
New England Foundation for the Arts
145 Tremont Street, 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
No faxes, please.
Reports to: Communications Manager
The Communications Coordinator works closely with the Communications Manager to implement communications strategies for NEFA.
- Work with Communications Manager in setting NEFA’s communications strategy, plan and budget, in anticipating NEFA’s communications needs, and in maintaining the integrity of NEFA’s brand and public image by continually monitoring, maintaining, and improving upon NEFA’s visual brand, its messaging, and its positioning
- Website: content maintenance, quality control, function and consistency of online applications; troubleshooting; participate in overall design/navigation planning
- Design all in-house publications such as program guidelines
- Production: coordinate and oversee printing of printed program material; maintain printing specs spreadsheet; coordinate with outside designers and printers
- Distribution (print and electronic) newsletters, annual reports, other; work with communications manager to write and disseminate press releases and execute follow-up when time allows. Collaborate with relevant staff to customize content for constituents, funders, others, as needed.
- Work with communications manager, development, and program staff as appropriate on NEFA events, including invitations, event branding, event materials production, documentation, and signage design. Participate in event execution and debriefing. Occasional evening or weekends needed.
- Documentation: assist manager with maintaining digital samples of press clips and other printed matter; field general inquiries; maintain testimonials and NEFA anecdotes; maintain image library; maintain photo and publication archives
- Data management: coordinate monthly import of website mailing list sign ups into SalesForce with SalesForce administrator. Run distribution reports from SalesForce as needed.
- Web presence (social media): Oversee/coordinate with program staff all social media efforts and ensure content maintenance, quality control.
Outstanding communication skills - verbal, written, and interpersonal;
Impeccable attention to detail;
Strong organizational skills with ability to anticipate, initiate, and advance multiple priorities and projects concurrently;
Familiarity with office procedures;
Ability to work well with diverse people and with a sense of humor under pressure;
Enthusiasm for taking on tasks both large and small;
Interest and/or background in arts and culture.
2-3 years of communications experience;
Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop and Microsoft Office
Experience with Drupal or other website content management system
Experience with SalesForce CRM a plus;
Experience in mass email distribution
Proficiency with Internet research.