NEFA is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves, and is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise noted, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com (with the job title in the subject line) or by mail to:
New England Foundation for the Arts
145 Tremont Street, 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
- Coordinate calendar management, travel arrangements, professional association memberships, and expense reporting for the Executive Director;
- Ensure ED is briefed and prepared for meetings, developing and/or contributing to the development of reports, briefings, presentations, and responses on organizational issues, as appropriate;
- Interact with Board members, donors, community leaders, and the public on the phone, via email, at meetings, and in correspondence;
- Plan and execute all meetings of the Board of Directors, Board committees, and special advisory committees;
- Take and prepare minutes for Executive Committee meetings, Board meetings and other meetings as needed;
- Maintain Board-related content including class lists and pipeline, cultivation and orientation packets, board service correspondence, individual board member information files, and content for restricted board page on nefa.org;
- Organize, in conjunction with appropriate staff, cultivation, donor, and Board events such as lunches, dinners, performances, receptions, etc.;
- Coordinate general office logistics including locking and unlocking elevators each day, distribution of mail, ordering office supplies, checking general office voicemail, communicating with building facilities staff regarding maintenance needs;
- Coordinate set-up and tech for staff and staff-wide meetings/events, including elevator lock off, laptop set-up, projector/skype/conference phone as needed, room set-up, thermostat set-up;
- Coordinate staff searches as needed, including drafting, posting, and distributing job descriptions, organizing and responding to applications, and scheduling interviews.
- Outstanding communication skills - verbal, written, and interpersonal;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to anticipate, initiate, and advance multiple priorities and projects concurrently;
- Ability to work well and with a sense of humor under pressure;
- Enthusiasm for taking on tasks both large and small;
- Interest and/or background in arts and culture.
- 3-5 years of executive assistant or related experience;
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office 2010; experience with Access forms and queries strongly preferred;
- Experience with SalesForce CRM a plus;
- Proficiency with Internet research.