NEFA is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves, and is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise noted, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the job title in the subject line) or by mail to:
New England Foundation for the Arts
145 Tremont Street, 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
No faxes, please.
Development Coordinator (search closes August 15, 2016)
Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Development Manager
The Development Coordinator plays an integral role in resource development at NEFA, supporting a range of activity focused on individual donors, institutional funding, special events, and data management. Reporting to the Development Manager, the Coordinator interfaces on a daily basis with development, communications, program, and operations staff, as well as with NEFA board members. NEFA values efficiency, professionalism, creativity, and collaboration and seeks committed, entrepreneurial candidates who are reflective of the diverse communities NEFA serves.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of NEFA’s mission, history, programs, projects, and initiatives, in order to effectively support NEFA’s fundraising and development priorities;
- Assist with preparation and submission of funding proposals and reports to both institutional and individual donors;
- Compile data and other material for funder presentations and information requests;
- Identify and recommend tools, resources and professional development opportunities;
- Support NEFA’s annual appeal and other mailings, including identifying audiences, generating mailing lists, and assisting in the development of written, email, and web communications;
- Work closely with the Development and Communications team and the Executive Administrator to plan, implement, and evaluate board and other special events;
- Provide support for NEFA’s fiscal sponsor/agent activity, including grants and payment processing, sponsorship agreements, contracts, and reporting;
- Assist in the design, production, and distribution of development-related content for print and web materials.
Donor Cultivation/Prospect Research/Stewardship:
- Research prospective funders, including foundations, government sources, corporations, and individuals;
- Provide support for gift acknowledgement and stewardship;
- Support cultivation and stewardship efforts for NEFA’s Board of Directors;
- Coordinate solicitations and stewardship for sponsorships of NEFA convenings and events.
- Maintain Development data in Salesforce database, ensuring timely processing of all development funding, retrieval and analysis of data, and tracking of cultivation, proposals, and reports;
- Serve as Development team point person for Salesforce, working closely with fiscal and Salesforce administrative staff, both for data management and data coordination with the organization as a whole.
- Not a supervisory position.
- Maintain and support positive relationships with a variety of external constituents such current and prospective donors, state arts agencies representatives, board members, event participants, as well as with internal NEFA staff.
- Provide superior customer service to NEFA’s external constituents, apply established guidelines to track development activity in Salesforce; consult with Development Manager and other staff on exceptions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience/Skills: 2-3 years of related work experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong writing skills required
- Outstanding communication skills - verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to anticipate, initiate, and advance multiple priorities and projects concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet research
- Strong interest in arts and culture
- Enthusiasm for taking on tasks both large and small
- Experience in development or Salesforce
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com no later than Monday, August 15, 2016. A review of applications will begin immediately.
NEFA is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.